Sunday, April 18, 2010

Museum of the Reformation in Geneva

In a previous posting I mentioned John Calvin of Geneva.  A reader in China emailed me that he was surprised to learn that Calvin was French and not Swiss.  So, I've decided to include this post on Calvin and the Museum of the Reformation in Geneva.  This article was originally published in History Today magazine in August 2005 and can be downloaded from here.  However, there is a charge for it.  But the text was uploaded in a less glossy format and made available free of charge by the Servetus International Society.  If you don't know who Servetus is, well, this is a way to find out.  I hope you enjoy the article and please return here and leave a comment.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Paul,

    Just happened across your post mentioning Calvin and the Museum of the Reformation.

    I visited the museum for my book, The History of Sex (But Not As We Know It). You can read it online here: http://www.butnotasweknowit.com/categories/20090710_4.

    (And sorry for putting this as a comment. I couldn't find an email contact for you.)

    Bests,

    JR Daeschner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment JR and the link to your book. I never paid much attention to the frolicking among the defrocked in Geneva, but you certainly put a different spin on the Museum of the Reformation. Your book sounds like it is very readable - good luck with it.

    All the best,

    ReplyDelete